Friday 16 April 2010

Making of Front Cover




For the masthead I chose to still use the position of a common masthead but to adapt this to suit my cover image and the layout of my magazine, i created the title “the asylum” from a Application called FontCreator which i downloaded from the Apple website, it works similarly to Adobe Illustrator but this app provides more precision and variety.

I chose to use a black coloured line above the mast head, at the very top of the page. I chose to use this as generally customers read from the top downwards, it is also a way too summaries the contents of the magazine efficiently and if the magazine is within a clear plastic packaging.
I then started work on the cover story, I managed to construct this by using various black squares using the rectangle tool on the left toolbar. I set the foreground to a dark black, I chose black as works within my 3 colour rule consisting of Black, Red and White. Also it contrasts well with the white and red font. After using “free transform” to edit the size and rotation of the square i placed it in a suitable position. I then drew out a “horizontal type tool” box and chose a appropriate font, in the end I chose “Stencil STD” which resembles a distressed yet rebellious look. I chose the white font colour as it is easily readable and stands out clearly. I then continued with this spelling out “M.O.L.L.I” (Name of my cover model) i then repeated the processes of drawing out the shapes and styles of font, but i chose a different colour for the Second name of the Model. I chose this as in the music industry, the singers second name is more recognisable and i believe a deep red stands out more vibrantly than the white.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 Dan Miller. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase